Life is a funny thing. No one really knows what happens tomorrow or the minute after. Cest la vie!
Remember when I mentioned that I landed the job as a copywriter with TBWA, well, there has been new developments. First, TBWA is still finalizing the contract with Tourism Malaysia, and until they seal the deal, they can't bring me on board (Now, I know what they meant by paperwork). I have to wait till end of next week to see what happens.
I did ask however, if the deal doesn't go through, will I still be invited to the post itself. I do want to get in and basically run through the motions as a copywriter and learn the ropes. Well, the director is keen on that too but having nothing for me to do right now wouldn't be feasible on both ends. Fair enough, therefore this is the status of my job - on hold.
Coke commercial. 7th March. Presentation day. I just got word that the commercial is on hold too! They are unsure whether the job is canceled or not, and again, we'll just have to wait and see.
With so many on hold situations, one can only hold on to the Lord and continue to press on forward. Patience, patience...
On a more positive note, I did get called from Planet Films to audition for a hotlink ad but had to turn it down because of my unavailability, we'll be in London during that period. Talent Factory rang up yesterday asking me to go in for casting at AC Motion Pictures for a World Cup advertisement, which I'll be heading off to after this. Wish me luck!
I shall take the time then, to do more reading and research with my work and trip. Just when things were taking off...alamak! Tak shiok lah ni! Remember me in prayer please, ppl!
Remember when I mentioned that I landed the job as a copywriter with TBWA, well, there has been new developments. First, TBWA is still finalizing the contract with Tourism Malaysia, and until they seal the deal, they can't bring me on board (Now, I know what they meant by paperwork). I have to wait till end of next week to see what happens.
I did ask however, if the deal doesn't go through, will I still be invited to the post itself. I do want to get in and basically run through the motions as a copywriter and learn the ropes. Well, the director is keen on that too but having nothing for me to do right now wouldn't be feasible on both ends. Fair enough, therefore this is the status of my job - on hold.
Coke commercial. 7th March. Presentation day. I just got word that the commercial is on hold too! They are unsure whether the job is canceled or not, and again, we'll just have to wait and see.
With so many on hold situations, one can only hold on to the Lord and continue to press on forward. Patience, patience...
On a more positive note, I did get called from Planet Films to audition for a hotlink ad but had to turn it down because of my unavailability, we'll be in London during that period. Talent Factory rang up yesterday asking me to go in for casting at AC Motion Pictures for a World Cup advertisement, which I'll be heading off to after this. Wish me luck!
I shall take the time then, to do more reading and research with my work and trip. Just when things were taking off...alamak! Tak shiok lah ni! Remember me in prayer please, ppl!

I'm afraid that's the nature of this particular line of work lah, bro! :D
But I love that line you wrote: "With so many on hold situations, one can only hold on to the Lord." Not just clever play with words, but also very true!